XXXX Temperature Sensing Division – Portland, OR June 2006 – present
Electronic Engineering Technician Sr.
XXXX Temperature Sensing Division is a manufacturer of precision optical pyrometry equipment servicing a multitude of industries. At XXXX I manage product manufacturing, assist the engineering team with new product designs, manage the supply chain and quality control, and maintain calibration and process control equipment. I also handle all RMAs/Failure analyses and repairs.
- Assisted in the design of several major products, then getting the designs into manufacture under time pressure.
- Solved an issue with the reference voltage generation circuit in a pyrometer design, where a long-term oscillation caused readings to drift over time. Some buffer circuits oscillate when driving excess capacitance, so I reworked the passive component selections.
- Solved a long standing issue of random communication failure over RS-485 in one of our older interfacing products by identifying a design error with the driver IC, and redesigning the driver circuit.
XXXX Corporation – Portland, OR March 2004 – June 2006
XXXX Temperature Sensing Group was a manufacturer of precision optical pyrometry equipment servicing the semiconductor manufacturing sector. At XXXX I manufactured, tested, and repaired optical pyrometer and interface equipment. I also implemented, documented, and maintained calibration procedures and equipment, and maintained all other capital equipment.
- As the first person hired for product manufacturing, was required to build, test, and document without direction.
- Instrumental in ironing out early yield problems and increasing repeatability in our processes by implementing failure tracking systems. This made it easy to separate design issues from manufacturing problems.
- Helped to design calibration fixtures, which I used to build the calibration lab from the ground up. Over time, I’ve worked with and evolved the system to reduce problems and increase repeatability.
XXXX Electronics – Portland, OR July 2003 – March 2004
XXXX Electronics is a general appliance repair service specializing in commercial microwave ovens.
- Repaired and restored residential and commercial microwave ovens.
- Responsible for all on-call customer service, pickup & delivery of repair units, and loaner equipment.
Troubleshooting and repair:
- Troubleshooting all types of circuits and systems at component level
- Component level rework at all device scales
- Skill with all standard electronic test instruments
- Lean Manufacturing
- ISO 9001 Quality Management
- 8D Problem solving methodology
Design & prototype:
- Altium Designer and other EDA suites
- Digital, analog, and mixed signal circuits
- Embedded system hardware and software
- Prototype and demo fixture creation
PC hardware & software:
- Repair & maintenance of PCs
- Windows & applications
- Linux & applications
- C Programming
- SAP Enterprise software
A.S., Electronics Engineering Technology, 4.0 GPA
A seasoned electronic technician with experience in analog and digital electronics, and have extensive hands-on experience with repair, prototyping, and rework of electronic assemblies. As a manufacturing department lead I have 12 years of experience in prototyping, documentation, and training in a lean manufacturing environment. I have also gained substantial experience in circuit design, PCB layout, and programming of embedded system products.