As a seasoned electronic engineering technician / hardware designer with experience in analog and digital electronics, I have extensive hands-on experience with design, layout, prototyping, rework, and repair of electronic equipment and subassemblies. As a manufacturing department lead I have 15 years of experience in documentation and training in a lean manufacturing environment.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. – Portland, OR July 2018 – Present
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX designs and produces onboard video processing systems for UAV and security systems. At XXXXXXXXX I provide support to customers on integration of hardware into systems through direct communication, through technical documentation, and through interface design. I also work on hardware design and engineering tasks.
- Technical support for customer integration of advanced DSP-based video processing products.
- Technical writing / Process documentation.
- Hardware engineering of PCBs using Altium Designer 18 & Altium Nexus that include DSP, FPGA, digital and analog video, and PIC circuits.
- Prototyping, debug, and rework of SMD electronics.
- Hardware testing / validation.
Evil Science Audio – Milwaukie, OR January 2017 – Present
Lead Technician & Owner
Evil Science Audio is a general electronics service business performing repairs on consumer and professional audio electronics. At Evil Science Audio I perform electronic repairs and restorations to equipment of all types, from vintage radio & audio using vacuum tubes, through modern solid-state and digital musical equipment. I also originate custom circuit designs and PCB layouts for a startup musical instrument equipment manufacturer.
- Diagnose and repair home audio, professional audio, and musical instrument equipment, vintage hi-fi, and vintage radios.
- Design, prototype, and build custom audio devices such as in-guitar pre-amplifier stages & power amplifier assemblies.
BASF Temperature Sensing Division – Portland, OR March 2004 – August 2017
Electronic Engineering Technician Sr.
BASF Temperature Sensing Division is a manufacturer of precision optical pyrometry equipment servicing a multitude of industries. At BASF I managed product manufacturing, assisted the engineering team with new product designs, managed the supply chain and quality control, and maintained calibration and process control equipment. I also provided customer support for RMAs/Failure analyses, repairs, and delivery scheduling.
- Managed production crew and trained multiple employees in assembly and test while maintaining on-time production schedule.
- Assisted in product designs, movement to manufacturing, and created documentation of procedures for manufacture, quality control, and testing.
- Solved issues during product life cycle such as replacement part specification and testing, circuit design changes for replacement parts, or engineering improvements.
- Solved yield problems and increased repeatability in our processes by implementing failure tracking systems, enabling Root Cause Analysis.
- Designed parts of calibration systems, then built the calibration lab from the ground up. Optimized the systems over time to improve throughput, reduce errors, and increase repeatability.
PDX Code GUILD – Python Full-Stack Development – Portland, OR 2019
AS, Electronics Engineering Technology – ITT Technical Institute – Portland, OR 2004
Troubleshooting and repair:
- Troubleshooting all types of circuits and systems at component level
- Component level rework at all device scales
- Skill with all standard electronic test instruments
- Lean Manufacturing
- ISO 9001 Quality Management
- 8D Problem solving methodology
Design & prototype:
- Altium Designer, Altium Nexus, LTSpice
- Digital, analog, and mixed signal circuits, high speed design.
- Embedded system hardware and software
- Prototype and demo fixtures
PC hardware & software:
- Python, HTML design
- C development – Atmel
- Visual Basic
- Repair & maintenance of PCs
- Windows & applications
- Linux & applications
- SAP Enterprise software